Saturday, April 28, 2012

1940 Census Progress



I have been indexing for Family Search for I think over a year now. I absolutely love it. I feel I am able to give back and help others with their quest in finding their families. I wish I had more time to give. I try to index a few times a week when my schedule allows. Family Search now has a map that you can check to see how the indexing for the 1940 Census is going. You can check that out here. The darker states have already been indexed and you can search through them. Click on a state to see how far along it is.

I am still going page by page through the Bronx to find my family since the state of New York is far from done.  So far no luck. Speaking of luck I wish everyone luck on finding their families in the 1940 Census.

No comments:

Post a Comment