Monday, February 20, 2012

Cemetery Links

I have composed a list of cemetery links to help you in finding your relatives. I have been able to find a few of my ancestors on some of these webpages. Some even had information I did not have. One I even was able to have back in our family's possession a book that belonged to my great grandfather.

Find A Grave
This is a wonderful sight in so many ways. I belong to this site and have contributed my share of memorials. It is also free. I have family listed in other states and I love the fact I can "visit" them pay my respects. Also I have found where family has been buried that I didn't know about or have the information. Always double check your information too. Sometimes you will find mistakes and not every cemetery is complete. But all in all this is a great site.

Interment ( Cemetery Records Online )
Another great site. Although I find more older inscriptions here. And less complete than Find A Grave. But I still have managed to find family here too that I did not find anywhere else. This is also free to view.

Names In Stone
This one does have a few inscriptions and cemeteries but only from cemeteries themselves. Seems this is a free site but if you subscribe monthly you will be able to get around more here. Also the cemeteries themselves have to pay to add themselves.

The Ancestor Project
Looking for cemeteries in Alaska? This has a few of them and pictures too. This is free and forum based.

No comments:

Post a Comment