Tuesday, March 27, 2012

6 Days Till the 1940 Census!!

I am so excited! Is everyone ready for it? THE 1940 CENSUS IS ALMOST HERE! This will be a free search which is great because then more people will be able to find information out on their own. I also have read it will be a little different to search as it will not be searchable by surnames when it first comes out but rather by counties. So we will be going through pages of records looking for our families. But the reward will be priceless. There is so much more information in the 1940 Census than past ones. I know I will be able to get past a few brick walls that I have when this comes out. You may not see me for a few days LOL...just can't wait! Hopefully the web can handle the many people trying to go through the records.

No comments:

Post a Comment