Saturday, March 24, 2012

Genealogy On Ebay?

I was looking at some information to get ready for the 1940 Census coming out and after following link after link as you know we do when we research,  I came across an Ebay listing for $50 for 6 hours of research. And as I read on they claimed all they needed was your name, birth date, where you were born and marriage date. Parents and grandparents weren't necessary and they could do your family history. How could they do your family history without knowing who your parents were? This just doesn't seem right to me.  I know I wouldn't give someone my information like that. They can find more information on my grandparents and great grandparents than personal information about myself. I just feel leery about this. And if you wanted more information they would charge more. What do you think? Does it sound like a scam?

No comments:

Post a Comment