Thursday, March 22, 2012

Irish Links

I have been researching my great grandmother's family on my mom's side for quite some now.  I had hit a few snags and brick walls. ( haven't we all? ) We know she came from Ireland and I wasn't having much luck on finding any information about her family back home. Now I know why. It seems some birth years and names were wrong and spelled different than what we had.  We always thought she was born in 1897 but she was baptized in 1894. That is a three year difference. And we weren't sure of all of her brothers names or birth dates of her parents. Until now.
If you are having problems finding your Irish families here are a few sites:

National Archives of Ireland
This link is to the 1901 and 1911 Census in Ireland. You can even view the original manuscript. 

Conners Genealogy
This site is wonderful and has parishes and marriage records. All free to see.

Irish Church Services
I really enjoy this one. It is a live stream of Irish Church services in Ireland. I watch every Sunday and send a link to one of the churches to my mom. Unfortunately they do not have our family church but they have a nice selection and maybe one day the Church of Immaculate Conception and St. Joseph will have one.

No comments:

Post a Comment